Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fwd: Re: Clasafety02 Subroutine

From: María José García Fusté <mgarcia_at_cells.es>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 22:50:54 +0200

Dear Paola and all,

Thanks for your clue, indeed it seems this is the problem. We have FLUKA
installed at two machines, one named CLASAFETY02 and another one
HPCNODE014, the cluster one. At CLASAFETY02, Fluka runs smoothly and
your query returns *ldd (GNU libc) 2.28*. At HPCNODE014 FLUKA does not
run and your query returns *ldd (GNU libc) 2.17*. So it seems we have
the same situation as Dr. M. Benmerrouche, our cluster is also shared by
many people in ALBA and upgrading is not an option now.

Consequently and guessing there is no other solution, we also would
appreciate if you could make available now and in the near future a
fluka binary that is compatible with glib 2.17. Sorry Dr. Benmerrouche
for taking the liberty of copying your sentence literally.

Thanking you deeply for all your efforts and waiting for the best,

Maria Jose

PS: In case it is useful, please find below the summary provided by our
IT people:

*CLASAFETY02 (TEST NODE) Working *
===========
pcarnicer_at_pc331:~$ ssh -X clasafety02

gcc (GCC) 8.3.1 20190223 (Red Hat 8.3.1-2)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

[pcarnicer_at_clasafety02 /]$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 8.3.1 20190223 (Red Hat 8.3.1-2)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

[pcarnicer_at_clasafety02 /]$ ldd --version
*ldd (GNU libc) 2.28*
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.
[pcarnicer_at_clasafety02 /]$

*HPCNODE014* (CLUSTER NODE) Segmentation fault error
===========

pcarnicer_at_hpcnode014:~$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 8.3.0
Esto es software libre; vea el código para las condiciones de copia.  NO hay
garantía; ni siquiera para MERCANTIBILIDAD o IDONEIDAD PARA UN PROPÓSITO EN
PARTICULAR

pcarnicer_at_hpcnode014:~$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 8.3.0
Esto es software libre; vea el código para las condiciones de copia.  NO hay
garantía; ni siquiera para MERCANTIBILIDAD o IDONEIDAD PARA UN PROPÓSITO EN
PARTICULAR

pcarnicer_at_hpcnode014:~$ ldd --version
*ldd (GNU libc) 2.17*
Esto es software libre; vea el código fuente para las condiciones de copia.
No hay NINGUNA garantía; ni siquiera de COMERCIABILIDAD o IDONEIDAD PARA UN
FIN DETERMINADO.
Escrito por Roland McGrath y Ulrich Drepper.