[fluka-discuss]: Null output from FLUKA code

From: Luca Teruzzi <luca.teruzzi_at_studenti.unimi.it>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:09:37 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>
I'm a master student in Milan and I'm new to FLUKA.
After reading the documentation and the manual, I tried to write a code to simulate the conversion of soft x-rays (PHOTON with kinetic energy approx. 10 keV) into optical photons due to the incidence on a YAG:Ce layer.
My first aim would be to study the point spread function of this system.
Although I found it a bit difficult since optical properties of the materials and both light generation and propagation are switched off by default, I was confident it was ok.

However, when I run my code, the output of the USRBDX card for example shows 0.000E+00 for all of the energy and angular intervals, and I can't figure out if the problem is the way I wrote the code or it is due to a wrong definition of the properties of this problem.
I attach to this email my input file (example.inp) and an example of the output I get from the USRBDX card.

Thank you all in advance for any help or suggestion.
Kind regards,

Luca Teruzzi