[fluka-discuss]: Question about the electron range

From: lzf neu <lzfneu_at_live.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:56:00 +0000

Dear all,

I intend to calculate 1 GeV electron range in copper block. I calculate the energy deposition of primary electron in copper and the result of electron range is only 1.5cm which is quite different from the electron CSDA range (6.07cm). Maybe my set up in FLUKA is wrong.

I have no idea how to correctly set up in FLUKA, and have attached the input file in the attachment. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.