[fluka-discuss]: Switching from FLUKA g77 to FLUKA gfortran

From: Alessandro Calamida <alex.calamida2_at_tiscalinet.it>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 11:29:05 +0100

Dear FLUKA experts,

I have installed the g77 version of FLUKA on a server. However, when I
run simulations with very low energy particles, the simulations goes in
segmentation fault. I think that this is caused by the fact that the
variable become to long when it went to small. The g77 compiler is still
based on the punchtrhough cards and when the variable stored become too
long it goes out of boundaries and this maybe causes the error. I tried
to run the same simulations on my computer that uses the gfortran
version and this error did not happen even for very low energies (below
100 ueV).

So, I want to install the gfortran version on this sever. However, on it
there is only gfortran4 or gfortran7. To run FLUKA I need gfortran9 but
I have no root permission and I cannot use sudo. Do you know a way to
install gfortran9 without it? Beacause on the web I did not find any
clue about it.

Best regards and thank you for your time, Alessandro Calamida.