Re: special beams in FLUKA

From: Markus Brugger <Markus.Brugger_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:53:19 +0100

Hi Luis,

the problem you describe requires a user defined source-routine. As you
already mentioned, a good source of explanations can be found not only
in the manual but also in the respective course documentation, the
latest version being available at:

http://www.fluka.org/content/course/NEA/lectures/UserRoutines.pdf=20

To produce the concentric rings (elliptical) of source particles you'll
have to sample the particle positions accordingly (e.g., in X and Y).
What concerns the particle type, perhaps a quick trial how to do it
based on a cummulative sampling:

source.f:
---------

*
* first initialization
*
      DO 1 I=3D1,MAXUBP
         K =3D 2*I-1 + IWSHIFT
         IF ((WHASOU(K).GT.ZERZER).AND.(WHASOU(K+1).GE.ZERZER)) THEN
            NUBP =3D NUBP+1
            IDUBP(NUBP) =3D INT(WHASOU(K))
            FRCUBP(NUBP) =3D WHASOU(K+1)
            SUMFRC =3D SUMFRC+FRCUBP(NUBP)
         ENDIF
         SAMUBP(I) =3D ZERZER
 1 CONTINUE

*
* later in the sampling part
*
* sample/modify particle type
      SUMFRC =3D ZERZER
*
* use the FLUKA random number generator to sample the particle fraction
      FRAC =3D FLRNDM(0.0)
      DO 10 I=3D1,NUBP
* sampling cummulative particle type fractions
         SUMFRC =3D SUMFRC+FRCUBP(I)
         IF (FRAC.LE.SUMFRC) THEN
            ILOFLK(NPFLKA) =3D IDUBP(I)
            SAMUBP(I) =3D SAMUBP(I)+ONEONE