RE: Using DOSE-EQ with USRYIELD

From: Lucia Sarchiapone <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:42:02 +0200 (CEST)

In principle if you want to calculate fluence or yield of particles from
region 1 to region 2 you have to normalize by the total boundary
surface, otherwise you won't get the proper normalization per cm2;
suppose reg 1 is a small cylinder and reg 2 a sphere, then the boundary
surface is side+both cylinder ends, and that's correct because you are
scoring contribution to fluence (or yield) in each direction.
If, instead, reg 1 and reg 2 are both cylinder with one common end, that
end is the boundary, and that is the surface to take into account.
I hope it answers your question

Lucia