Re: Usrbin ASC Output

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 18:43:52 +0200

Dear Peter,

The header of the file summarizes the parameters of the mesh (if you are
requesting a cartesian binning : bin limits, number of bins and bin size
in X, Y and Z). After there are the Nx x Ny x Nz values corresponding to
each bins. As indicated in the header the order is in a matrix
A(ix,iy,iz) so you must adapt your script to match this format. In your
example if you have 20 bins between -10 and 10, then the first value
will be the content of the bin between -10 and -9. For example if you
score fluence (track length estimator) then every time you a neutron
track goes through that bin the section of the track is added to the
estimator and the content is divided by the volume of the bin (sum of
track length / volume) and the number of primary run (every scored
quantities except when irradiation cycles and cooling times are defined
are per primary in FLUKA) at the end.
In addition, note that it is not recommended to request ascii output in
your input file, indeed, if you use use binary and run several jobs you
can use usbsuw (if you request binary) in the flutil directory or flair
to sum the different outputs. Then you can convert the averaged output
to ascii using usbrea also in the flutil directory. In that case, you
obtain in addition to the values corresponding to the requested
quantities the statistical uncertainty associated to each bin.
Hope it helps
Best regards
Joachim