Geometry expansion statement

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:31:19 +0000

Dear colleagues,

I was recently looking into some geometry statements of FLUKA and there is some contradiction in the manual regarding the
$start_expansion statement for which I would appreciate some clarification.

The manual states that the statement provides the expansion/reduction of body dimensions, whereas the example given suggests that
actually a scaling matrix is applied to the object instead of a true expansion, which is applicable to the object's dimensions only
and not to the object's position.

I would appreciate if somebody could comment what the code is actually doing in this case.

Thanks a lot

Chris