Re: Geometry expansion statement

From: Vittorio Boccone <boccone_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:24:48 +0200

Dear Chris,
    I agree manual need to be clarified a bit.

The application of the scaling matrix to the expansion is shown (for
example) in the slides of the JLab course
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/jlab2012/Lectures/16_Advanced_Geometry_0412.pdf

8.4.4} Geometry directives: usage notes
[...]
   Directives $Start_expansion and $Start_translat are applied when reading
   the geometry: therefore they imply no CPU penalty. Directive
   $Start_transform, instead, is applied at run-time and requires some
   additional CPU time.
[...]

-> Run time matrix transformation is used only for $Start_transform.
cheers

Vittorio

--
Dr. Vittorio Boccone - University of Geneva
o Address: