RE: Question about adding detectors in FLAIR

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:21:01 +0000

Hi Ray,

flair in the Plots is using the index of the detector and not the name. The reason is that FLUKA allows to have multiple detectors with the same name even on the same file. Thus flair cannot make the distinction which is detector is which.
Therefore if you insert a detector, in the same unit all indexes will be shifted by one, so the plots will contain the old index.
The easiest is to append detectors rather than inserting them.

One could claim that I could modify the indexes at the same time in the files, but this is not possible since the output files do no contain enough information to find out from which run it was created and with which order.

Cheers
Vasilis