Re: tunnel geometry

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:14:41 -0800

2013 19:14:49 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

Hi Takashi,

A 20-line long region definition is actually not that bad. Depending on the purpose of your simulation you may want to make the outside a blackhole, but even then you will need to define the region(s) where blackhole material is to be applied.

In your case the geometry definition of the tunnel surroundings could be more easily implemented by using parenthesis (section 8.6 or the FLUKA manual). Then you may want to activate the parenthesis optimization in WHAT(5) of the GEOBEGIN card.

Mario