Re: USRBIN scoring by Region and volume normalization

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 06:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

<201306051010.r55AA0sv032511_at_smtp1.mi.infn.it>
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_smtp2.mi.infn.it

--1334187464-1539340129-1370438288=:27036

I exclude categorically that in a region binning a division by the volume be
executed. If what you say is right (and I have some doubts), it can only mean
that the total tracklength is the same for all sizes of the block: that is,
the block is always large enough to contain all particle trajectories, and
no particle escapes.

An easy check can be done by defining binnings with a single bin, of the same
size of the region occupied by the block. You will see that the result will
change, because the same tracklength will be divided by different volumes.

Alberto

--
Alberto Fasso`
SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025