Gaussian distribution in beam angle

From: Mohammad Islam <rafiqul.islam_at_okstate.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:29:15 -0500

Dear FLUKA users,

I tried to compile a source routine for Gaussian beam distribution (in
angle). This can be done using BEAM card but I am trying to reproduce
using source routine what I see using the BEAM card. However, I am
unable to see what I expect. Starting from a point source (0 cm
diameter cross section), if a beam travels 200cm where the beam cross
section is 20 cm diameter, the divergence can be calculated as 0.1
rad. I am not sure how to use this value (0.1 rad) in UBEAM, VBEAM and
WBEAM in FLUKA source routine. If I put this value directly, I get
some weird results.I called FLNRRN for Gaussian distribution. XBEAM,
YBEAM and ZBEAM (the central spot of the beam) is passed from the
input.

Also, instead of 20 cm diameter, if the cross section at 200 cm is
20X20 cm2, how can I incorporate this in the source routine. How can I
visualize the profile.

I attached my input and source routine. I know I am missing something
fundamental that I should know but I am unable to detect that. I never
worked on source routine and I am not familiar with Fortran. I believe
it should be a simple problem for FLUKA expert. I would greatly
appreciate any kind of help.

Sincerely,
Rafiq