Re: Finding out neutron capture location

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 23:03:30 +0200

Hi Matthew

No guarantee but this is what I would try:

- Modify mgdraw such that it creates only the output that you want in the
format you want..

- Print out under ENTRY ENDRAW all energy depositions with ICODE=30
(neutron kerma). Here you have access to the position (XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO)
and region number.

- Print out under ENTRY USDRAW secondaries from low energy neutron
interactions ICODE =300. The secondaries are in common GENSTK (kp=1,np).
Thus (to be tested), if called and NP=0 the neutron is absorbed. The
position is on (XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO), region number on MREG. The respective
energy deposition should be printed just above (from ENTRY ENDRAW) with
the same position.

You can call the modified mgdraw file as you like and you don't have to
overwrite the original in usermvax (don't do it). You have to compile this
new mgdraw file with fff or via Flair and link it into a new executable
with lfluka -m fluka -o myFluka my_mgdraw.o or via Flair.

The USERDUMP card looked ok. The output unit has to be whatever you use in
mgdraw.

Hope it works,

Cheers
Stefan