Re: [fluka-discuss]: geoviewer

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:39:45 +0100

Hi Bruno, you have few missing dependencies. You can resolve them by hand, but the best way is to install it from the deb package.

You the tk interface
> python-tk package

And the python development
> Python.h: No such file or directory

Probably you miss also few others, this is why it's better for you to install it throughout the package manager.

Here the instruction from the flair page:
http://www.fluka.org/flair/download.html
DEB:
Download the deb version for systems that are debian based
flair_2.0-0_all.deb
flair-geoviewer_2.0-0_i386.deb
flair-geoviewer_2.0-0_amd64.deb
Uploaded: Thu 20-Mar-2014

To install open with the file browser the download directory and double click, first on the "flair" and second on the "flair-geoviewer".
WARNING: you need to have the "universe" software source enabled.
To enable the "universe":
Open the "Ubuntu Software Center"
Menu -> Edit -> Software Sources
Check the "Community-mainted free and open-source software (universe)"
Close the Software center program
In a terminal (e.g. xterm) type
$ sudo apt-get update
Then go to the download directory and double-click to install the Flair .deb package
After the installation of Flair, double-click the flair-geoviewer .deb package, in order to install the Flair-Geoviewer

Manual installation can be done with the command:
$ dpkg -i flair_X.XX-X_all.deb flair-geoviewer_X.XX-XX_[i386|amd64].deb
WARNING: Newer versions of Ubuntu/Debian have a different name in the libtk8.5.so.
In case you get the following error for libtk8.5.so or libtcl8.5.so

Error: libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please make a symbolic link as super user:
Locate the tk/tcl libraries either one of the following directories
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
change to that directory e.g.
$ cd /usr/lib