Re: [fluka-discuss]: Irradiation calculation

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 22:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Firpo,

As it is, the input file you supplied produces a .out file reporting:

#1 Cut-off kinetic energy for PROTON transport: 1.000E-02 GeV
#2 Total number of inelastic interactions (stars): 0
#3 Total number of elastic interactions: 0
#4 Number of stopping particles per beam particle: 100% PROTON

Even without looking at any RESNUCLEi, USRBIN or USRTRACK output, we can see
from #2, #3 and #4 that something is wrong.

And #1 explains why. The problem is that the cut-off energy = your beam energy.
It can be sorted by setting a lower cut-off via PART_THR.

:) mary