[fluka-discuss]: scoring optical photons with EVENTBIN

From: maestro <paolo.maestro_at_pi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 08:57:10 +0200

Dear Fluka users
I am simulating the production of cerenkov photons in two layers of squared cells of aerogel.
In order to make some test, I have set a very large (unphysical) absorption coefficient
for the aerogel, so that all the photons are absorbed in the material immediately after production.
In this way, I can track photons with mgdraw.f and write them on a file in the ENDRAW routine.
However, I wonder if it is possible to score the number of optical photons produced in the cells
by means of the EVENTBIN card. I have tried with

EVENTBIN 8.0 OPTIPHOT -78.0 CH292900 CHLAY01T 1.0 CH.Ed
EVENTBIN CH000000 CHLAY01T 0.0 1.0 1.0 1000.0 &

where CH.. are the region numbers and CHLAY.. the lattice number.
Reading the eventbin output, all the cells are filled with zero even the ones
in which (according to mgdraw.f) optical photons have been produced.
I am not sure about the z upper and lower limits and binning I set.
I have tried to scan several values but the output is the always the same.
Can you give some hint about how to proceed?
Thank you
        Paolo Maestro