Re: [fluka-discuss]: Heavy Ion collision using DPMJET in FLUKA framework

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 07:11:01 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

In continuation of my last email , I have been wondering whether in next FLUKA
release some tag in FLKSTK will be implemented to extract the information of
Physics process producing protons and neutrons from H.I. collision?
Getting that information will be of great help in order to classify protons
as pure spectators (coming form evaporation) as it will help us to understand
the initial state of collision geometry in H.I. collision.

Thanks
-Sourav

On Dec 3, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il=
> wrote:

> Dear Anna,
>=20
> Thanks for confirmation. That=92s really unfortunate.=20
>=20
> To answer your question, I am interested in studying spectators in heavy =
Ion collision. As per the definition , spectators are the remnants of nucle=
i from colliding species which don=92t participate in H.I interaction, most=
ly because of large impact parameter. They may arise either from fragmentat=
ion or from nuclear evaporation. In FLUKA primary stack aka FLKSTK the prot=
ons and neutrons are either from the collision itself or from nuclear evapo=
ration. Though the spectators are supposed to have momentum/energy close to=
  beam energy itself , still there is high possibility of protons and neutro=
ns produced in heavy ion collision having energy close to beam energy. In t=
his case pure spectator protons and neutrons are contaminated with produced=
  protons and neutrons. So having a tag mentioning the process (H.I. collisi=
on, fragmentation, evaporation) giving rise to hadrons and fragments helps =
us to clearly select the pure spectators.=20
>=20
> Thanks
> -Sourav
>=20
> On Dec 3, 2014, at 4:12 PM, Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de> wrote:
>=20
>> Dear Sourav,
>> technically the answer is no. We wonder why are you considering of great=
  help this information...
>>=20
>> Best regards,
>> Anna
>>=20
>> Am Tue, 2 Dec 2014 12:42:57 +0000 schrieb Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafd=
ar_at_weizmann.ac.il>:
>>> Dear Francesco,
>>> Unfortunately I am still stuck at classifying protons and neutrons of F=
LKSTK in H.I. collision based on the Physics processes producing them. Is t=
here any way to find out whether these FLKSTK protons and neutrons are prod=
uced H.I. interaction or from evaporation of nuclear fragments or intranuc=
lear cascade process ? Any insight into this will be of great help.
>>> Thanks
>>> -Sourav On Nov 28, 2014, at 4:17 PM, Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_w=
t processes in FLUKA ? As you confirmed protons and neutrons are also from=
  H.I. collision so these as per spectator definition won=92t be called as s=
pectators. So I am mostly interested in selecting protons and neutrons from=
  Fragmentation or Evaporation process. Unfortunately I don=92t see any vari=
able in FLKSTK which can distinguish protons / neutrons coming from differe=
nt process.=20
which is always on), you are just saying that you want the most accurate ve=
rsion of evaporation, more CPU-consuming but including as emission channels=
  also heavier fragments. As a general rule, in FLUKA (all) physics processe=
s are on by default and are not intended to be manipulated by the user, apa=
rt from few exceptions - like heavy evaporation, coalescence, photonuclear =
reactions - which require to be switched on by the user when they are relev=
ant.
  as Physics process in my input file so is it that the free
racting part of Au nucleus in H.I. collision ? Do it also contain intranucl=
ear
    collision ? 2) Does the FLKSTK stores final state nuclear fragments ? B=
y final state I mean which
  heavy fission fragments in FLKSTK has id based on the recipe of -((Z*1000)
HEAVY don=92t provide
H.I.
BEAM
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Running FLUKA for cycle # 1
**