Re: [fluka-discuss]: RESNUCL with LAM-BIAS

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:49:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello Hayley,

I think your foil may be too thin and your hadronic inelastic interactions - overbiased.
You can redefine your target material(s) (using MATERIAL card) with lower density and increase the target thickness so that you end up with the same g/cm^2. Using 1E-2 in WHAT(2) of LAM-BIAS is a reasonable value from my experience. I would also use WHAT(4) to define which particles the biasing applies to (even though the default may be protons).

RADDECAY - if you would like to kill both electromagnetic cascade and transport of decay radiation, set WHAT(5) of RADDECAY card to 9999999999.

There is no normalization needed to correct for the use of LAM-BIAS, FLUKA takes care of it all. However, the RESNUCLE units will be Bq/cc only if you assign the correct volume of the scoring region in WHAT(6). Otherwise it is Bq per region. I'm not sure why you are scoring RESNUCLE in all regions. Don't you wont to score it in the region called FOIL?

I have attached a modified version of your input file that you may find useful.

Cheers

 - George