Re: [fluka-discuss]: Mixed normalization in Residual Dose Rate results

From: Sunil C <csunil11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 08:46:29 +0530

Dear Mina

I use gnuplot to manipulate the 2 files and generate a combined plot with
the separate normalization applied to each one.

For example if you have 2 files (file1.dat and file2.dat) , each belonging
to separate runs with different projectiles with results in pSv/p, each
arranged in 4 columns of data ( coordinate 1, coordinate 2, dose in pSv/p,
%uncertainty), then in gnuplot, the command

splot '< paste file1.dat file2.dat' us 1:2: ($3*f1+$7*f2) notitle

will plot the sum of file1.dat and file2.dat with the 3rd column of the
files multiplied with f1 and f2 respectively. The 3rd column of second file
for gnuplot is the 7th data set.
f1 and f2 are constants for you, the conversion number for pSv/p to
microSv/h/unit beam current, which is a straight forward calculation.

Of course, before you issue the above command, a few more commands are
also required such as set pm3d map, set palette of your choice etc. Please
see the gnuplot manual for the syntax.

I get the file1.dat by plotting the data with flair. It then generates a
plot.dat which you rename. This is important since the data has to be in a
certain format for gnuplot to understand, and flair does this for you.
Repeat for the second data to get file2.dat. You can look up the flair
output window for more gnu commands and the color palette used, when it
creates a plot.

Please also see this link by Mario

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/3119.html

You may also want to create a plot showing the combined uncertainties using
the error propagation technique.

Cheers Sunil