Re: [fluka-discuss]: Custom SOURCE doesn't seem to link

From: Matthew Parnell <m.parnell_at_lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:27:16 +0100

Hi Vittorio,

Arch is a rolling release, therefore there is no 'version' of it.
However I have using gfortran 4.9.2 20150304, ld 2.25.0, and fluka
2011.2c gfor64bitAA.

I have attempted to compile and link the example SOURCE subrouteine,
$FLUPRO/usermvax/source.f

I am not getting errors or warnings in the compliation or linking,
however the program stops running after 5s. Similar to my own SOURCE and
the SOURCE by my predecessor [which he apparently got to work].

What is interesting, is leaving the SOURCE command within the input file
and running fluka runs for a similar time of 5s, whereas leaving out the
SOURCE card runs correctly for around 12mins.

To ensure it's not my laptop, I tried with my workstation running
Scientific Linux 6.6, with the gfortran updated to 4.9.1 [FLUKA needed
gfortran >= 4.6, SL6 has 4.4.7].

My workstation seems to have the same issues. My SOURCE, my predecessors
SOURCE, and the example SOURCE subroutines.

However I both my laptop (Arch) and my workstation (SL6.6) work without
the SOURCE card with the default rfluka, and run for around 12mins, with
output.

Now I guess I am running it wrong and/or it's a linking issue, not my
source, and not my input file.

Any ideas?

Matthew Parnell
m.parnell_at_lancaster.ac.uk