[fluka-discuss]: increase MXXRGN parameter

From: belgin piliçer <belginpilicer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 10:12:54 +0200

Hello everybody,

I have a geometry file which consists of a lot of regions (~30k).

I doubled the MXXRGN parameter to 40000 in the include file DIMPAR, since
GLOBAL card allows us maximum 10k regions, as explained in the manual.* And
I recompiled FLUKA by typing "make clean; make". But this did not change
number of maximum regions. It still gives the same error as in the attached
log file.

What should I do to overcome this issue?

Best regards,
Belgin

*The "hard" limit of 10000 regions represents the maximum that can be
obtained without recompiling the program. It can be overridden, but only by
increasing the value of variable MXXRGN in the INCLUDE file DIMPAR and
recompiling the whole code. In this case, however, it is likely that the
size of variable NBLNMX in INCLUDE file BLNKCM will have to be increased
too.