Re: [fluka-discuss]: ROTPRBIN usage

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 13:38:29 -0700

Hello Oscar,

I had to struggle with a similar issue a while back. Here is a KEY
point from Vasilis (not in the documentation but in some advanced geom.
lecture).

"the ROTPRBIN is not transforming the USRBIN to the scoring space but
the scoring space (or the particles) to the USRBIN. So you have to use
the inverse transformation."

I have modified your input file. Take a look and see whether you can
follow and understand it. I have also included two layers (0n and 1n)
for you to visualize the usrbin score cards after applying the rotation
(Rot0n_01). Check the geometry editor (XZ view and change the layer to
0n and 1n to see them).

I added another usrbin card to be able to see the beam. Plot the xz
view (Green plot) and save it for viewing the BeamPart distribution or
set the Geometry to 'No' or 'Auto'.

Check your biasing cards. You had C5 to Lastreg set to imp of 1, C50 to
2048, and then increasing by a factor of two for other regions. Setting
the importances for individual regions overrides the imp. of 1 set in a
preceding card, so that's fine. And maybe you had a reason for doing
this... So, either ignore my changes and go with what you had or just
double check.

Hope this helps a bit,
Mina