[fluka-discuss]: reduction of number of materials while using dicom images

From: <minalyn_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:49:17 +0530

Hi,

I was trying to make voxel phantom using dicom images. I could able to
generate .vxl file. But it makes thousands of regions depending upon the
number of voxels.

By going through the threads i realised that it is possible to only reduce
the number of materials. But how that can be done?

1. I have tried using a modified .mat file containing few materials by
specifying the ranges of HUs. But it is still the same number of regions.

2. There may be large number of voxels belonging to same region, how to
identify them using flair?

Kindly help as the information on this topic is not available.

Thanks in advance.

Minal Y.
Scientific officer,
Internal dosimetry section, BARC