RE: [fluka-discuss]: reduction of number of materials while using dicom images

From: Wioletta Sandra Kozlowska <wioletta.kozlowska_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:00:30 +0000

Dear Minal,

Each region represents the group of voxels with the same HU value. The number of unique HU you can check in the DICOM/Information Tab.
While choosing the .mat file, you are actually defining the range of HU to which the specified material is assigned, thus typically several voxel regions are sharing the same material. Reducing the materials in .mat file, limits only the number of possibilities to be assigned, not the number of regions.

Currently in flair there is no easy way to visualize the voxels belonging to the same regions. However, you can use for this purpose Geometry viewer. By selecting "Material" option from the upper menu, you can change the color for each material for better enhancement and then investigate the Lattice or 3D visualisation.

Hoping this answer your question.

Cheers,
Wioletta