[fluka-discuss]: limits for scoring region

From: Hamideh Jalali <jalali.hb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 13:39:26 +0330

Dear FLUKA Experts

In my problem a photon beam strikes a silicon target and then tungsten stop
with transverse dimension of 20 cm2 around the beam. These targets have
been located in a 800 cm long room.
I am going to have 1D projection plot of usrbin results for dose equivalent
behind 5cm thick Pb downstream wall of room from floor(y=-100) to ceiling
(y=200).

What is the criterion to define the limits over x and z? As you know these
limits affect the result and can lead to overestimate or underestimate the
dose equivalent.

For example if the limit of x= - 20 to x= 20 and z=800 to z=801 was
selected, the plot shows a minimum value around y=0 but if the limit is
from x=-40 to x=40 and z=800 to z=801, the plot shows a maximum point
around y=0!

Which one is correct and how I can be sure of my shielding calculations?
Any help and recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Hamideh