Re: [fluka-discuss]: A question about the score

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 20:37:05 +0200

Dear Zhang,
 I’m confused about the quantity you want to score and the usage of the USRBDX and USRBIN scoring cards you have in mind.

Personally I would suggest to pass first from the course examples and powerpoint as you would find the answer to your question.

The USRBIN is a scoring card which will let you score quantities like fluence for different particle, dose etc… (see http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=84 <http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=84> for the full list) over a regular mesh. It’s a usercard so you don’t need to write just use it.

The USRBDX is boundary crossing estimator, and as the explanation suggest let you work with boundary crossing between region instead of a mesh (see here http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=83 <http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=83>).

Neither of the two would let you score the transmissivity you need directly - provided that the definition of transmissivity I have in mind is the same as your.
You could obtain something similar by scorning the USRBDX at the two boundaries and calculate their ratio.

For the decay rate you are a bit off-track. Radioactive decays - with extensive examples - are covered by the course material (https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/timetable/#20151109 <https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/timetable/#20151109>) as well and I would suggest you to take a look a those a to reformulate your question a bit more in detail such that we don’t need to duplicate explanation that are already available.

Best,
Vittorio