Re: [fluka-discuss]: Conversion of ICRP No 110 Phantoms to .vxl?

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 22:37:46 +0200

Dear Alex,
 as far as the organs A[M/F].dat are basically already in a voxel format, as the numbers in it correspond to the organ identifier. Next step is to define for you the material/composition of each organ id. Correspondence between ID and density can be found in A[M/F]_organs .dat, Material composition can be found in the A[M/F]_media.dat file.

So being the voxel structures there, the rest of the input file needed is just about material and region definition. I think you are pretty much there already. As the organ and media definition are in a pseudo-nicely-formatted ASCII, one can obtain a decent input file with a few lines of python or another scripting language in about an hour or word or less. Alternatively the same results can be obtained in a few hours more by building the materials in the good ol’ way.

Maybe someone on the list has a model to share?

Best,
Vittorio