Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to creat a bremsstrahlung spectrum as primary particles using "Source.f" ?

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:08:28 +0200

ear Hamed,
Yes, you have to create a file with data and read from a source.f routine.
Examples can be found in fluka-discuss posts, for instance
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8379.html

You can use FLAIR to compile the routine and build the executable. If you
do not see the "Compile" tab in the flair window, you can activate it by
clicking on the down arrow at the top-right corner of the window, near to
the "info" icon.
You can also have a look at slides from the last advanced users course:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/489973/contributions/2000440/attachments/1272042/1972478/09_AdvancedUserRoutines2016.pdf
Regards
Paola

> Dear FLUKA experts,
> I feel I am asking a basic question. I want to simulate a photon beam with
> bremsstrahlung energy spectrum as primary particles using "Source.f".
> Unfortunately, I have serious problems with this issue. Could anybody help
> me how can I do this? I think first of all, I should create a file that
> contains photon energies with their weights then use this file in
> "source.f". Is this correct? In the last version of FLOPIX, how can I
> reach,
> modify and run the routines (particularly the source.f)? I would be very
> very grateful if anybody can attach an input file which can do this
> simulation.
> Best Regards,
> Hamed

Paola Sala