RE: crash with no error

From: Markus Brugger (Markus.Brugger@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2007 - 10:36:02 CEST

    Hi,

    your case is a bit difficult to debug, thus I would kindly ask you to do
    the following:

    - even without error messages, I guess that in the temporary fluka
    directory a core file is produced -> could you run in the temporary
    FLUKA directory 'gdb' (gdb YourExefile coreFile) and check where the
    error occurs and what causes it? (look for HVPAIR as this might be an
    error which was recently corrected)
    - if this doesn't lead to anything, please send us the last produced
    random seed (ran* in the temporary fluka directory) and the FLUKA
    version tag you're using

    besides, just to make sure....

    - as you're using HEAVYION in this case WHAT(1) of BEAM defines the
    energy (or momentum) PER NUCLEON, and not the total energy or momentum.
    - even though I am rather sure as you included EVENTYPE, did you
    properly link DPMJET (using ldpm3qme instead of lfluka)?

    cheers

    Markus

                          \|||/
                          (o o)
    |Markus Brugger Markus.Brugger@cern ch |
    |CERN |
    |Div. AB/ATB/EET, 865-2D-008 office: +41/22/767-6556 |
    |CH-1211 Geneve 23 fax: +41/22/766-9498 |
    |Switzerland mobile: +41/76/487-3415 |