RE: [fluka-discuss]: Stack more than one particle in the source subroutine

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 10:16:27 +0000

Dear Alessandro,

A set of template User Routines is provided in the $FLUPRO/usermvax directory.
These can be modified by the user to fit his input/output needs. One of these is source.f.
All shared parameters and variables (in COMMON blocks) are located in $FLUPRO/flukapro.

Take a look at this for further information on how to use it.
https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contributions/779780/attachments/653355/898394/AdvancedUserRoutines2014.pdf

Folloing the instruction in the manual:

" At the time SOURCE is called, the particle bank FLKSTK is always empty
   and the stack pointer NPFLKA has value 0.
   The user can load into the FLKSTK stack one or more source particles
   at each call: for each particle loaded the pointer must be increased by 1.
   The template version of SOURCE loads only one particle: if several
   are loaded the following sequence, until the statement CALL SOEVSV not
   included, must be repeated once for each particle, possibly inside
   a DO loop:
"

after editing the default source.f, your code should look something like this:

* +-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* Push one source particle to the stack. Note that you could as well
* push many but this way we reserve a maximum amount of space in the
* stack for the secondaries to be generated
* Npflka is the stack counter: of course any time source is called it
* must be =0

            DO 10 I = 1, N
* N = the number of particles you want to simulate simultaneously
               NPFLKA = NPFLKA + 1
               ...etc...
      10 CONTINUE
      CALL SOEVSV