Re: Convert to dose

From: Sebastien WURTH <wurth_at_ipno.in2p3.fr>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:43:23 +0100

Hello Eugene,

It is even easier now with the fluka2008.3 version.
Copy / Paste from the "release notes" file which comes with the FLUKA
distribution
*********
- New generalized particles:
  * Dose (GeV/g) (DOSE, generalized particle id 228)
  * Dose equivalent (pSv) (DOSE-EQ, generalized particle id 240)
  * 1 MeV neutron Si equivalent fluence (for Silicon damage)
    (SI1MEVNE, generalized particle id 236)
  * High energy hadron fluence scoring (hadrons with energy larger than
20 MeV)
    (HADGT20M, generalized particle id 237)

- New option AUXSCORE (see the manual for details):
   * allows to restrict scoring to selected (generalized) particles,
     for selected scoring estimators. It is a convenient way to
     implement filters that formerly needed a comscw or fluscw
     user routines. For instance, it can be used to score energy
     deposition from a definite particle type, or to separately
     score heavy ion fluences according to mass and/or atomic number
   * allows to select the set of dose equivalent conversion factors to
     be used for the calculation of DOSE-EQ. The default set used
     AMB74, ambient dose equivalent from ICRP74 and Pelliccioni data.
      For other available sets please refer to the manual.
      !!! Please note that no coversion coefficient set is available !!!
      !!! for heavy ions, so there will be no heavy ion contribution !!!
      !!! to the dose equivalent

Hope it helps,

Regards.
Sebastien