Disabling MCS

From: Sanchez Parcerisa, Daniel <daniel.sanchezparcerisa_at_siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:51:44 +0100

Hello all,

I want to disable multiple coulomb scattering to do some tests to my simulation
and I'm getting some weird results.
I've done it both with MULSOPT card (by setting WHAT(2) and WHAT(3) to 3.0)
and with MCSTHRES with a negative value higher in absolute value than the
beam energy. Both give similar results.

I won't discuss here the physics of the problem until I've analysed it myself
carefully, however, the output file will always show the following message,
regardless if the MCS is turned on or off:

Moliere Coulomb scattering for primaries: T
Moliere Coulomb scattering for secondaries: T

Hadrons/muons:
Flag for MCS check with boundary normals: F
Flag for Coulomb single scattering(s) at boundaries: F
(# of Coulomb single scattering(s) at boundaries: 1)
Flag for single scatterings below min. (Moliere) energy: F

Should I regard it as a bug in the output, or is MCS still on somehow?

Daniel Sanchez Parcerisa
PARTNER Early Stage Researcher
Siemens AG