Re: FLUKA: thin target

To fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch
From Alberto Fasso' <fasso@slac.stanford.edu>
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:36:12 -0800 (PST)
In-reply-to <200011302008.VAA08732@jasio.slcj.uw.edu.pl >
Reply-To "Alberto Fasso'" <fasso@slac.stanford.edu>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Ludwik Pienkowski wrote:

>  I would like to run FLUKA on a thin, of about 1 milligram target.
> The recommended in a manual option what(2) in a card LAM-BIAS:
>
> LAM-BIAS         0.0   0.00001       15.        1.        0.        0.INEPRI
>
> gives a warning message:
>      *****  WARNING!!!  WARNING!!!  WARNING!!!  WARNING!!!  *****
>      *****  DECAY AND INELASTIC INTERACTION LENGTH BIASING  *****
>      *****  ARE STILL UNTESTED. WRONG RESULTS ARE POSSIBLE  *****
>      *****  WARNING!!!  WARNING!!!  WARNING!!!  WARNING!!!  *****
>
>  What is a recommended method to run FLUKA on a thin target?

Please ignore that warning. The LAM-BIAS option has now been used
successfully for many years and, at least for what concerns inelastic
interaction biasing, it can be considered as very well tested.
(Perhaps other features have been less tested, in particular
decay direction biasing, which has been introduced only
in recent times).
I will try to have that message removed or modified in the next
version

Alberto

Alberto Fasso'
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
Radiation Physics Dept. ms 48
2575 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Tel. +1 650 926 4062        Fax: +1 650 926 3569

Your name :
Your email :
Subject :
Body :