Re: FLUKA: Too big material number

To Fan Lei <flei@scs.dera.gov.uk>
From Stefan Roesler <sroesler@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 07:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc fluka <fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch>
In-reply-to <006d01c0ecfe$0e8ddb80$38135092@scs.dra.hmg.gb >
Reply-To Stefan Roesler <sroesler@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

Hi,

In your compound definitions the relative content and the material index
seem to be all inversed:

MATERIAL, , , 1.18E-03, 12 , , , AIR1
COMPOUND 8, 1.06E+07, 7, 3.94E+07, 4, 1.32E+02 AIR1
COMPOUND 5, 2.36E+05, , , , ,  AIR1

The first 'what' defines the relative content and the second the index:

 {COMPOUND}

    defines a compound or mixture, made of several materials, or even a
    mixture of different isotopes

    (see also MATERIAL)

     If WHAT(1) > 0.0 and WHAT(2) > 0.0 :
        WHAT(1) = atom relative content of first material in the compound
        WHAT(2) = index of first material

     If WHAT(1) < 0.0 and WHAT(2) > 0.0 :
      |WHAT(1)| = mass fraction of first material in the compound
       WHAT(2)  = index of first material

     If WHAT(1) < 0.0 and WHAT(2) < 0.0 :
      |WHAT(1)| = volume fraction of first material in the compound
      |WHAT(2)| = index of first material

As far as I know the maximum number of materials is 210.

Stefan

___________________________________

Stefan Roesler
SLAC
P.O. Box 20450, MS 48
Stanford, CA  94309

Tel:    650-926-2048
Fax:    650-926-3569
E-mail: sroesler@slac.stanford.edu
        Stefan.Roesler@cern.ch

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Fan Lei wrote:

> Dear Fluka team,
>
> I am running a simulation with geometry consists of more than a hundred
> different materials. The execution reads in the inp file ok, but it stoped
> immediately complaining too big mterial number

>  *****NEXT CONTROL CARD *****   USRBDX     9.000       8.000       48.00
> 20.00       21.00       1.000        AL
>

>  *****NEXT CONTROL CARD *****   USRBDX     1.000      1.0130E-07   70.00
> 0.000       0.000       0.000        &
>

>                   ----------------*
>  *----------------   RANDOMIZE
>     ----------------*
>  *----------------   23456789 *23456789 *23456789 *23456789 *23456789
> *23456789 *23456789 *23456789    ----------------*
>
>  *****NEXT CONTROL CARD *****   START      1000.      1.0000E+08   0.000
> 0.000       0.000       0.000
>
>   TOO BIG MATERIAL NUMBER FOUND IN COMPOUND CARD.( 10600000) STOP AFTER
> PROLOG
> ---------------------------------
>
> I have the inp file attached can you please take a look and see what i have
> done wrong.
>
> Many thanks.

> Dr. Fan Lei
> Space Department, DERA
> G081, A8 Building
> Farnborough, GU14 0LX
> U.K.
>
> Tel  . 44-1252-393904
> Fax.  44-1252-396330
> email: flei@scs.dera.gov.uk
>

> The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent correspondence
>is private and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s). For those
>other than the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
>any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
>prohibited and may be unlawful.

Your name :
Your email :
Subject :