FLUKA: neutron cs weighting function

To Alberto Fasso <Alberto.Fasso@cern.ch>
From Dominik Dworak <dworak@alf.ifj.edu.pl>
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:14:42 +0200 (MEST)
cc "FLUKA LIST @CERN" <fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch>
In-Reply-To <Pine.LNX.3.95a.1011022091239.29115F-100000@lxplus035.cern.ch >
Reply-To Dominik Dworak <dworak@alf.ifj.edu.pl>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

  Hi,
Does enybody know what exact weighting function has been used to produce
the Fluka neutrons library neuxsc_72.bin ?
In original article of Cuccoli,Ferrari,Panini (JEF-DOC-340) there is
written only a general shape (Maxwellian+1/E+fission+1/E+fussion) -
an adoption from the VITAMIN-J library.
But what are the energy cutpoints, what are the spectra parameters ?

For instance, the energy cutpoint between Maxwellian and 1/E:
1. In VITAMIN-J description (JEF rep.10) one can find "see VITAMIN-E"
2. In VITAMIN-E report (DLC 113, page 3) there is writen "...it is
   temperature dependent" but afterwards "...is fixed at 0.414 eV
   INDEPENDENT of temperature (the original 5 kT guideline was only
   nominal)"
3. From my own calculations and comparisons with FLUKA data it is
   rather 5 kT than 0.414 eV
4. D.Cullen in his widespread ENDF PREPRO programs uses here 4 kT

  What we really have in our FLUKA neuxsc_72.bin library ?
                                                d.d.

Your name :
Your email :
Subject :