[fluka-discuss]: Coalescence and heavy fragment evaporation in BME model

From: Trinh Ngoc-Duy <Ngoc-Duy.Trinh_at_ganil.fr>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:27:31 +0000

Dear FLUKA users,

Following FLUKA manual, users should active coalescence and heavy fragment evaporation options to better estimate the neutron yields and residual nuclei production. I would like to know how these two options plays exactly in the caclculation with a heavy ion beam of lower than 100 MeV/nucleon where the BME model is adopted ?

Following my understanding, BME model uses a data base for calculating the pre-equilibrium emissions of particles. So I do not how the coalescence and heavy fragment evaporation model plays a role in the calculation?

Thank you for your responses.

Duy.