[fluka-discuss]: NaI detector response, mgdraw, and endraw

From: Felicia Sutanto <fsutanto_at_umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 15:58:05 -0400

Dear FLUKA users,

I am a newbie and I have a question about MGDRAW and ENDRAW.

I am trying to simulate a very simple case (input file is attached):
661.7 keV photon at the center of a spherical NaI detector (radius = 5cm)

The purpose of this exercise is only to familiarize myself with the
collision tape.
I try to tally the energy deposited by summing over the DTRACK in MGDRAW
and RULL in the ENDRAW. The result is attached (fluka_nai_result.pdf).

I also try to do the same simulation in Geant4 and the result is also
attached (geant4_nai_result.pdf). It seems that the Compton continuum is
missing in FLUKA...

Am I supposed to maybe include certain physics in FLUKA?

Best regards,
FS