Re: Processing USERDUMP files

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sergey
the output from USERDUMP is unformatted,
and there is no specific program to read it. In the manual, section 11 ,
"collision tape" you can find a detailed description of this output. You
can also modify it, if you change the write statements in the mgdraw.f
routine:
copy it from the $FLUPRO/usermvax directory to your working directory,
change it, compile and build your own executable using the flair tools.
For more details, you can look in the manual or in the user routines
lecture
from the 8th FLUKA Course.

I take the occasion to remind that we plan an advanced course, where
questions like this will be answered! Deadline for applications is near!
Paola

> Dear Fluka experts.
>
> By my numerical experiments I need to draw trajectories of particles. As I
> know, I can do this using USERDUMP card. So, after running my project (5
> cycles) I obtain 5 files from USERDUMP detector (unformatted of course).
> In FLAIR I wasn't able to find any ability for processing them.
>
> So, my questions are:
> 1) Which program shall I use to process files from USERDUMP?
> 2) Will be result in text or binary format?
> 2) Is it possible to do this in FLAIR?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Best Regards!
> Sergey Merts