Re: [fluka-discuss]: user biasing using usimbs.f *** Doeimb: importance splitting not performed for missing room, in Emf stack ***

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:31:38 +0000

From the message, and given that you were setting importances via usimbs.f, it seems that you have gone too aggressive in the biasing and you have filled the emf stack.

This means that you set a step biasing split that was much bigger than the attenuation for your electrons and photons through your shielding. As a result, the population of electrons and photons was growing larger every step, and you filled the memory.

Reduce the parameter by which you bias. Normally you would want to set that parameter so that the population of your particles of interest stays more or less constant.

- Mario