[fluka-discuss]: Photon attenuation curve in Pb

From: Ñ <b-yang12_at_mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 23:28:23 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear Colleagues,

  Recently I used fluka to calulate the attnuation curve of bremsstrahlung in Pb ,which is produced by energetic electron hitting high-Z target. What I am suprised is the same curves obtained for electon energy of 6MeV and 15MeV£¬even the trend of photon attenuation for electron energy of 6MeV is slower than that for electron energy of 40MeV . I refer to IAEA188 and find the same results as attached. I think for high enegry electorn there are more high energy photon and the compton minimum can be regard as the attenuation factor, therefore i can't explain the results i obtained. If anyone can comment on it, thanks in advance.

Bo Yang