Re: [fluka-discuss]: double differential scoring, d2n/dpd(theta)

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:36:10 +0200

Hello
USRBDX defines the angle with respect to the normal to the surface. It
means that, for a cylindrical surface parallel to the beam, zero degrees
in usrbdx corresponds to 90 degrees with respect to the beam. You should
use USRYIELD, that calculates angles with respect to the beam direction.
Regards
Paola
> Dear FLUKA experts,
>
> We are trying to reproduce a very simple simulation, Fig. 21 in the
> attached document. 31 Gev/C
> proton beam is incident on a Carbon target (90 cm length and 1.3 cm
> radius). We are using USRBDX
> for scoring particles. Our graphs are entirely different from the document
> attached. Input file and graph
> is also attached. If any one can please can have a look into it where we
> are wrong.
>
> Best regards,
> Zafar Yasin

Paola Sala