RE: [fluka-discuss]: Regarding DPA and NIEL in GaN

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 00:03:47 +0000

Hi Shyam,

The paper gives the Ed for the directions of Ga or N in the crystal of GaN.
In FLUKA the materials are treated as amorphous, and the Ed it has to be
provided for the materials assigned to regions (not to their components).
In this case you have to use one MAT-PROP card for GaN giving
the average Ed for all crystallographic directions. Unfortunately this is
not given in the paper, so as I first guess I would use the average value
of the two.

Regards
Vasilis