Re: FLUKA: Max. number of USRBIN binnings

To Laurent APHECETCHE <aphecetc@in2p3.fr>
From paola sala <paola.sala@cern.ch>
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:21:35 +0100
CC "FLUKA LIST @CERN" <fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch>
References <3A1CF197.AB12ED0F@in2p3.fr >
Reply-To paola sala <paola.sala@cern.ch>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

Hi

The include files are there only for the compilation of user routines (
those in usermvax )
 INCLUDE FILES MUST NOT BE CHANGED, since all the rest of program has
been compiled with them.

If you really need more usrbin , we could change the parameter in the
next distribution. However, please consider also overall memory usage
and program overhead ( it will loop over all defined binnings at each
energy deposition) . Is there no way to simplify your scoring?
                 Let me know
                  Paola

Laurent APHECETCHE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to use more than 100 USRBIN cards.
> I tried to change the line
>       PARAMETER ( MXUSBN = 100 )
>       PARAMETER ( MXUSBN = 500 )
> in the file $FLUPRO/flukapro/(USRBIN), and then did a :
> lfluka -m fluka
> to (I guess) relink FLUKA, but it did not help.
> Actually, I do not see cleary how it could make a change as I do not
> have the source files (or do I ?) using this (USRBIN) include file.
>
> Could you help me ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Dr. Laurent APHECETCHE (mailto:aphecetc@in2p3.fr) | TAPS/PHENIX/ALICE
> SUBATECH-Ecole des Mines de Nantes-4 rue Alfred Kastler-44070 NANTES
> cedex 03
> TEL (+33/0) 2 51 85 84 17 - FAX (+33/0) 2 51 85 84 24 (France)
> http://www-subatech.in2p3.fr/~photons -
> http://www.phenix.bnl.gov/~aphecetc

Your name :
Your email :