Re: FLUKA: Max. number of USRBIN binnings

To paola sala <paola.sala@cern.ch>
From Laurent APHECETCHE <aphecetc@in2p3.fr>
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:06:27 +0100
CC "FLUKA LIST @CERN" <fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch>
References <3A1CF197.AB12ED0F@in2p3.fr > <3A1D19DF.9B75DC4C@cern.ch > <3A1D290B.9269F52C@in2p3.fr > <3A1D452C.F53F242B@cern.ch>
Reply-To Laurent APHECETCHE <aphecetc@in2p3.fr>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

paola sala wrote:

> The r-z binning has exactly the structure you describe in your mail,. It
> does not need to correspond to geometrically distinct regions: it is defined
> by the r and Z limits you give, it can cover less than one, one, or more
> than one regions.The bin axis is by default coincident with the z axis. If
> this is also your axis of symmetry , you can leave 0.  in the two fields.
> On the contrary, if you want to score in a r-z binning parallel to but not
> coaxial with the z axis, you have to give the x and y coordinates of your
> binning axis.  There is also the possibilty to have non-z oriented binnings
> via the ROT-DEFI card.
>        Paola
> Laurent APHECETCHE wrote:
>
> > paola sala wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > The include files are there only for the compilation of user routines (
> > > those in usermvax )
> > >  INCLUDE FILES MUST NOT BE CHANGED, since all the rest of program has
> > > been compiled with them.
> > >
> > > If you really need more usrbin , we could change the parameter in the
> > > next distribution. However, please consider also overall memory usage
> > > and program overhead ( it will loop over all defined binnings at each
> > > energy deposition) . Is there no way to simplify your scoring?
> > >                  Let me know

Thanks for your prompt answer !
But I still have a pb. I use the following lines in my input file :
*
USRBIN      11         8         71       111.47    0          80
FLU1
USRBIN      11.47      0         0         19       0           1
&
*

The .out indicates that this card has been correctly handled :

   R - Z     binning n.  66  "FLU1      " , generalized particle n.    8
      R coordinate: from  1.1470E+01 to  1.1147E+02 cm,    19 bins (
5.2632E+00 cm wide)
      Z coordinate: from  0.0000E+00 to  8.0000E+01 cm,     1 bins (
8.0000E+01 cm wide)
      axis coordinates: X = 0.0000E+00, Y =  0.0000E+00 cm
      data will be printed on unit   71 (unformatted if < 0)
      accurate deposition along the tracks requested
      normalized (per unit volume) data will be printed at the end of
the run
      this is a track-length binning

But when I launch the run, the program stop with the following log :
STOP USRSCO-RZ-NTRACK statement executed

What's going wrong ?
--
Dr. Laurent APHECETCHE (mailto:aphecetc@in2p3.fr) | TAPS/PHENIX/ALICE
SUBATECH-Ecole des Mines de Nantes-4 rue Alfred Kastler-44070 NANTES

Your name :
Your email :
Subject :
Body :