Re: FLUKA: Max. number of USRBIN binnings

To Laurent APHECETCHE <aphecetc@in2p3.fr>
From Graham Roger Stevenson <Graham.Stevenson@cern.ch>
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:02:43 +0100 (MET)
cc paola sala <paola.sala@cern.ch>, "FLUKA LIST @CERN" <fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch>
In-Reply-To <3A1D290B.9269F52C@in2p3.fr >
Reply-To Graham Roger Stevenson <Graham.Stevenson@cern.ch>
Sender owner-fluka-discuss@listbox.cern.ch

The easiest way is to use USRBIN to score track-length of neutrons in a
regular mesh. Then use the extra weighting option EXTRAWEI with a COMSCW
routine to
select the exact range of energies you want or to multiply by a reaction
cross-section so that you can score the resulting density of interactions
directly.  Remember track-length normalized to volume is fluence!

Graham

| Graham R. Stevenson,         | Email: Graham.Stevenson@cern.ch |
| Radiation Protection Group,  | Tel:   +41 22 767 4623          |
| CERN, 1211 Geneva 23,        | Fax:   +41 22 767 9080          |
| Switzerland.                 |                                 |

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Laurent APHECETCHE wrote:

> paola sala wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > The include files are there only for the compilation of user routines (
> > those in usermvax )
> >  INCLUDE FILES MUST NOT BE CHANGED, since all the rest of program has
> > been compiled with them.
> >
> > If you really need more usrbin , we could change the parameter in the
> > next distribution. However, please consider also overall memory usage
> > and program overhead ( it will loop over all defined binnings at each
> > energy deposition) . Is there no way to simplify your scoring?
> >                  Let me know
>
> Well, actually, I could use USRBIN with R-Z binning I guess.
> My problem is the following : I have a tank filled with D2O, of
> cylindrical shape. I would like to share it into several "zones" to
> score a neutron flux at each zone. Zones are defined by horizontal
> planes (perpendicular to the z-axis=beam axis being vertical) and ZCCs.
> So, from my understanding of the USRBIN documentation, I should be able
> to use R-Z binning, if... I knew for sure (sorry for asking what I
> assume is a very stupid question...) what to give as X and Y for the
> binning axis (WHAT(5) and WHAT(2))... Could you explain it to me ?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Dr. Laurent APHECETCHE (mailto:aphecetc@in2p3.fr) | TAPS/PHENIX/ALICE
> SUBATECH-Ecole des Mines de Nantes-4 rue Alfred Kastler-44070 NANTES
> cedex 03
> TEL (+33/0) 2 51 85 84 17 - FAX (+33/0) 2 51 85 84 24 (France)
> http://www-subatech.in2p3.fr/~photons -
> http://www.phenix.bnl.gov/~aphecetc

Your name :
Your email :